Saturday, October 15, 2011

To learn something new

Following the lead of my children and some of my friends, I've decided to join the ranks of bloggers. This week I attended a Relief Society meeting where someone talked about the basics of blogging. That got me to thinking that maybe this was something I too could do.

The name of my blog is from a line in Ecclesiastes 3:1, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" I have always loved reading Ecclesiastes 3:1-15 because it seems to say so much about the seasons and times of our lives here on earth.

Having experienced a great many seasons of my life already, and hoping to yet experience many more, perhaps from time to time I can add a few reflections of what I have learned or am in the process of learning from those experiences.

A reflection: If only we could have envisioned how big some of our plants would eventually be when we planted them those many years ago. . .when there was so much bare ground crying out for something to be planted there.

A lesson we are still learning: If at all possible, don't put off pruning!

1 comment: