Thursday, June 25, 2015

Six Sentence Story: Park

The challenge from the Six Sentence Stories blog hop this week is to write a story using only six sentences.  The word  prompt this week is "park."


Pointing to the old pickup on the dirt driveway on the north side of farm house, he said, "Go park the truck next to the car."  

The car was only a short distance away, but on the west side of the house.

She, at age 16, had already driven the tractor quite a bit, but the truck, not so much.

He thought she would be capable of parking the truck next to his recently purchased two-toned blue Buick.

She proceeded with caution, but when she turned to pull up alongside the car, she cut the turn a little too sharp panicking as she stepped on the brake.

The sound of metal upon metal caused her father to curse with anger when he heard the sound and then saw the first dent!


14 comments:

  1. One of the things I had forgotten about driving until we had a kid who was learning is that parking is tricky. Too bad he gave you a new car to practice next to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and considering I didn't even want to try it. I suspect he just wanted me to have a successful experience and thought if I gave it a try, I'd feel more confident.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! That first dent is always hurts the most. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the dent being terribly big, but it was still a dent uninvited!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a true story. How wonderful, and awful all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Some things you don't forget. :/

      Delete
  4. OUCH! I can hear the metal on metal! makes my teeth tingle! Thanks for linking this up and participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say I hadn't heard that sound.

      Delete
  5. Ohhhhh dang that sucks. New car as well! I felt it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to make matters worse, I think that was the first brand new car they had ever had!

      Delete
  6. I think you probably both taught each other a lesson that day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you are right, although it is sad to say, but I think a lot of people, including myself do learn in hindsight. It is a fortunate person who learns all the lessons that are taught in an experience at the time the event happens. Many an experience offers more than one lesson to be learned, and sometimes the lessons are doled out over a lifetime.

      Delete
  7. Oh dear...one of the many reasons I never drove, after Driver's Ed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed when I read your comment, because I didn't even try to get a permit until a few years after I was married.

      Delete