Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday Fill in Fun

Friday Fill in Fun  This blog hop is from Feeling Beachie.  There are four sentences that require one filling in the blanks.

1.  Being able to buy fresh locally grown fruit and vegetables is such a wonderful blessing.

2.  Despite all the years of practice, I still get a little nervous when I play the piano in front of other people.

3.  If I go to a restaurant it must have food without msg.

4.  I wish I had taken a lot more science and math courses in high school.


Fortunately we live in an area where there are lots of fruits and vegetables grown, and there are many  farmers' stands, as well as stores here that are excellent in promoting and selling produce from local growers.

Although I only took three years of piano lessons when I was in the fourth, fifth and sixth grades, I have enjoyed playing the piano, and play the piano at the church I attend.  Most of the time I don't get too nervous, but if a piece is a little beyond my skill level, I get nervous which only makes things worse.  Staying calm is best, and of course practice, practice, practice.



This is the piano that my grandmother purchased so I could take piano lessons.  It is now in our home.


MSG and I do not get along.  If it is in the food, I usually know it, and I do not like the way it makes me feel.

When I was in high school, I really didn't know until in my senior year that there was even any hope I would be able to have sufficient money to go to college.  Because of this I took a lot of business classes and some college prep classes just because I could.  (My mother had worked all her life as a secretary and bookkeeper and had encouraged me to take classes that would enable me to get a job right out of high school.)  I had worked summers and had saved money, but I knew the money I'd saved was not enough to cover college expenses.  In my senior year of high school, my father informed me that there was a small insurance policy that could be used to cover some college expenses.  What a surprise!  I had good enough grades that I was able to get accepted at a university, but because I hadn't taken enough math and science classes, I was limited in my selection of majors.  So you guessed it, I majored in business.  I could have taken classes to make up for the math and science classes I was lacking, but it wouldn't have been for college credit, and I didn't want to do that.  Having taken more science and math courses would have opened the doors for me considerably.  The things one learns in hind sight. . .




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Another thing I appreciate are the many organic fruits and vegetables available.

      Delete
  2. Nice hop you discovered! I'm glad you are writing these things down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd already replied to this. Maybe if I write this blog, when and if I started losing my memory, you'll be able to make sense of my ramblings. :-) You will be able to at least see where the bits and pieces are coming from.

      Delete