Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Share Your World - 2016 Week 41

It is time to share my world, after quite a few months of absence from the blogging world.  This blog hop post is being linked to Cee's Share Your World - 2016 Week 41.  If you enjoy blog hops check out her site for details on how to share your world.  It is fairly simple, so this is a great way to get started if you are new to blog hops.

The questions this week from The Happy Quitter were suggestions made by kids for the Share your World challenge.

1.  Do you believe in love at first sight? I think that one can be attracted to someone when first meeting, but I think true love is not realized immediately.  There are so many different aspects of love that it often takes a life time to discover them all.

2.  Your first car?  My husband and I bought a brand new little blue VW bug in the early '60's.  This was "our" first car.

3.  Who taught you to ride a bike?  How did it go?  When I was about 11, my parents bought a used boy's one-speed bike for my younger brother and I to share.  I don't really remember much about being taught.  We had a bit of a dirt and gravel hill on our lane which I used to my advantage to give me a little momentum.  With all the chuck holes on the lane, it wasn't such a smooth ride.  We mostly rode it down to the mailbox a quarter mile away, and then back home to resume farm chores.  Even the main road was dirt and gravel.

4.  Ugly and rich or beautiful and poor?  Outer appearance is not as important as inner beauty.  There are challenges that face both those who are rich and those who are financially poor.  Some of those trials are quite different from the other, but some are similar.

5.  What was the first dish you could cook?  If "could" means allowed to, I would have to say when I was allowed to make a cake from scratch when I was about 11 or 12.  I decided to make a sponge care.  It is a puzzle just exactly what step I omitted, but let's just say that the cake turned out to be a dense rubbery consistency which none of the family could eat.  Not even the pigs on our farm would eat it!  That was a pretty humbling experience.

Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?  Being able to realize the closing of the sale of my Mom's home.  See my post at Ten Things of Thankful - What can I say more?  It's miraculous!  There was a lot of gratitude posted there.  This week I'm looking forward to getting caught up on some of those things I had to let go during the process of selling my Mom's home.



4 comments:

  1. I remember that little blue bug! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And well you should! You ruled for a while. :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy blogging break. I was thrilled to see your post this morning. Thanks. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, very busy. Thanks. It is good to be back.

      Delete