Monday, October 31, 2016

Share Your World - 2016 Week 44

Every week at Cee's Photography, she presents questions, etc. for us to answer.  I'm linking my post to her Share Your World - 2016 Week 44.  As you read my answers, consider what your answers would be.  It is often a good way to stretch one's memory.

1.  What was your favorite subject in school?  In elementary school I loved  fifth grade geography when we had an assignment to make a relief map of the United States using salt dough.  We then painted the map and identified the states.  Using salt dough was a brand new experience for me.

In the seventh grade I particularly enjoyed my social studies class where we were given assignments to make reports about countries of our choosing.  We  could often get a higher grade if we included photos and articles from magazines about our topic.  There used to be a store in town that sold a lot of used magazines.  They had multiple copies of old National Geographic magazines.  They cost very little and were a great resource of wonderful photos.

In high school I enjoyed an advanced biology class where we got to use microscopes and make drawings of what we were able to see. We collected murky water from ponds, drainage ditches, etc. to bring to school specifically for this assignment. The hardest part was making the final drawings using India Ink. This was back in the day when the only way to use India Ink was by dipping the nib of the quill dip pen into a jar of India Ink, and hoping a drop of ink didn't fall from the nib onto your almost finished drawing. Needless to say, more than once I had to start all over again to complete a drawing.  The more drawings of different species of protozoans a student did, the higher the grade. It was also a test of my patience.

My favorite class in college was a child psychology class where we had the opportunity to sit behind a screen and take notes of what we observed in a preschool class being conducted by the college and some students (probably student teachers).  I found this to be a very interesting exercise, and actually used some of these type of skills later on in life.

2.  If you could have a servant come to your house every day for two hours, what would you have them do?  The things that would be most beneficial to me would be things that require bending, stooping, or lifting. The jobs would vary depending on the day. High on the list would be weeding, pruning, cleaning the bathrooms, changing bedding, mopping and vacuuming.

3.  Where did you live when you were in the third grade of school?  Is it the same place or town you live now?  I lived in the country on a farm about five miles from the city limits.  I still live about five miles from the same town, but in a different direction and in a different county. Although we have some acreage, we do not farm.

4.  In your opinion, list some great places for shopping.  Grocery stores:  Winco, Life Source, Natural Foods, Trader Joes, EZ Orchards Market, and Roths.  Clothes:  I check out what is there at Goodwill and consignment stores, or on occasion go to an outlet store. Once in a while I buy a brand new article of clothing.

Bonus Question:  What are you grateful for from last week and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?  I shared my grateful list for last week on my post for the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop.  Probably #10 on the list made the biggest impression on my life.   I'm looking forward to trying a new blog hop challenge #ThankfulActs at thankfulme.net.  This month long challenge begins November 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment