Sunday, January 8, 2017

Six Sentence Stories - Cheesy

This week's Six Sentence Stories - Cheesy was bit of a stretch for me, but I finally came up with six sentences that would tell a story using the cue word, cheesy.  Click the link to see what others have shared for their blog hop post.


"Do you want to try some of this?" her Dad said as he put the sandwich on her plate.  

She lifted a corner of the top slice of bread when her Dad wasn't looking, and turned up her nose in  disgust at what she saw.  Knowing she'd better not declare the thoughts running through her head at that moment, she quietly murmured, "What kind of bologna is that?"

The usual lunch fare for the kids was a sandwich such as a peanut butter and jelly, or a bologna sandwich with a liberal amount of mustard on the bread, but not today.  Dad decided to serve something special, and as it turned out, an extra serving for himself.

What she ate for lunch that day is long forgotten, but she just couldn't eat the congealed head cheese that some found to be a delicatessen staple at the time and was not a bit cheesy tasting.

  


4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm sure she wasn't to thrilled with that discovery! I know what that is and I wouldn't want to eat it either, it doesn't look very appealing at all! Very clever use of the cue word! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yuck - head cheese. That is the cheesiest. I do remember parents (mine) trying to fool me into eating one thing by saying it was something else. It's mean and awful. A tongue was ham and I shall never forget going into the kitchen and seeing that big oblong tongue on the carving board. Yuck, yuck, yuck. (Liver was steak - yuck, yuck, yuck).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to eat tongue, but I agree that seeing it before it was cooked and sliced is pretty awful to see. I liked liver if it was cooked right and was served with onions. I didn't follow the tradition of serving it once a week like people used to do.

      Delete