Monday, February 20, 2017

Share Your World - February 20, 2017

One of these days I'm going to write down some questions to share with Cee.  I think of them at times when I'm not anyplace to write them down.  Well, you can imagine what happens.  The thought is lost in never never land.  She welcomes feedback.  For now, I'm answering her questions on this post and linking them to Cee's Share Your World - February 20, 2017.  Consider how you would answer these questions and check out the responses of others by clicking the link.

When you cut something with scissors, do you move your jaw (as if you were about to chew)? No, but I have seen people who do this, or perhaps stick their tongue out the corner of the mouth.
Do you chew your pens and pencils? No.  I have not ever done this.  Perhaps I'd been warned not to do that because of the lead in the paint on the pencils. There were high concentrations of lead in the paint used on the pencils until the middle of the 20th century. Lead in paint was outlawed in the United States in 1978.  It is graphite, not lead, that is the writing material in pencils.  According to most sources graphite is non-toxic.
Are you a collector of anything?  If so what? I'm not intentionally a collector, but I have accumulated a lot of cookbooks over the years.  Even though I've said more than once that I don't need anymore cookbooks, I still buy some and still receive some as gifts, and of course enjoy each one.  One of my favorite old cookbooks is one that is filled with handwritten recipes the owner slipped in between the pages.  The book was printed prior to 1900.
What size is your bed? It is a queen size.
Optional Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?  Once again I'm sharing my most recent Ten Things of Thankful post.  Please click the link to see the things for which I was grateful.  This week I'm looking forward to going to the temple again, if the weather doesn't get in the way.  Snow is on the horizon again, but unless things change it may not deter me from making the trip on the day scheduled.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Pat for sharing with us this week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were fun questions and answers, I might have to take this up next week! I do remember us being warned about chewing on our pencils in school... way back in the "dinosaur" days! :-)

    I missed you at TToT last week, I hope you'll be around to share your blessings with us this coming weekend. The link goes live after midnight tonight and stays open until Tuesday night!

    ReplyDelete