1. Inventions. I went to a baby shower this week. As the gifts were unwrapped, I was not alone in thinking, "I wish that had been available when I was nursing my babies." However, the material from which it was made hadn't even been invented.
2. Being able to overcome fear. Unlike many teens, I wasn't desirous of learning to drive a car because I feared I'd have a wreck. So fast forward to six years after I was married. We had an almost three-year-old ready to attend a nursery school. We had one car. I wanted our daughter to be able to attend a nursery school, but didn't want to impose on anyone to be able to get her there. My very patient husband taught me to drive. I got my license, although it took two attempts. A whole new world of activities were opened up to both our daughter and myself because I overcame my fear.
3. Being able to experience something good more than just once. My husband and I recently went to see the movie Hidden Figures and really enjoyed it. This week some of the women in my church got together at the home of one of the members to watch this same movie. I almost chose not to attend this "free night at the movies" because I'd already seen the film, but decided to go at the last minute. It was so worth it to see it again.
4. Bigger flower pots. The orchid my husband bought me last year, or maybe two years ago, had gotten way too cramped in the small container. After checking some youtube videos about transplanting orchids, I decided to give it a try. The new bigger pot has holes on the side to allow for the needed flow of air to the roots. It is hard to believe that the plant was stuffed into that little pot.
|Repotted orchid next to its former pot|
5. Hiatus. For three months I have been having neuromuscular therapy on my shoulder, arm and back. This past week I made the decision to take a hiatus from the treatments. I probably will need to return at some point, but for now I feel my body just needs a rest. I may try something different, but I haven't decided what that will be.
6. Smiling faces. As I was decluttering this week, I came across some rocks and shells in the bottom of a box. They are no longer inside my house and have a temporary location outside. I can't even remember how it came to be that I have the smiling face rock, but I'm glad I rediscovered it. Smiles whether on people, or rocks, make me smile too.
7. Wildflowers. At some point my husband scattered some wildflower seeds. This past week as he was meandering through the vegetation he discovered several plants beginning to bloom. Not knowing if these were a type of wildflower or a weed, he gave me an assignment to see if I could identify it. After looking through several books, I was able to declare its identity.
|Western wallflower in beginning to bloom|
8. Free furniture. For some time we have been keeping an eye out for some stools to use at our kitchen counter. Years ago I had purchased some old stools that had been used on a boat. They needed a paint job and eventually some taping around the legs to cover some scars. After years of use, we really wanted a different look in our kitchen. Imagine my surprise when a family we know offered some chair stools free for the taking. My husband saw the offer on FB first and told me about it right away. I was the first to respond, so I was able to pick them up the same day!
|One of old taped stools by replacement chair stools|
9. Entertaining talented musicians. My husband introduced me to a musician, Tommy Emmanuel via youtube. He is incredibly talented. Enjoy.
10. My husband who has brought me love, and with him children we love. He brings me laughter, and experiences that make my life more than it would ever be without him. Together we are more than either one could be by ourselves.